6th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Geospatial Simulation (GeoSim 2023)
November 13, 2023 @ Hamburg, Germany
CALL FOR PAPERS
The GeoSim 2023 workshop focuses on all aspects of geospatial simulation as a paradigm to understand, model, and predict spatial phenomena and aid decision making. New simulation methodologies and frameworks, not necessarily coming from the SIGSPATIAL community, are encouraged to participate. Also, this workshop is of interest to everyone who works with spatial data. The simulation methods that will be presented and discussed in the workshop should find a wide application across the community by producing benchmark datasets that can be parameterized and scaled. Simulated data sets will be made available to the community via the website.
The workshop seeks high-quality full (8-10 pages) and short (up to 4 pages) papers that will be peer-reviewed. Once accepted, at least one author is required to register for the workshop and the ACM SIGSPATIAL conference, as well as attend the workshop to present the accepted work which will then appear in the ACM Digital Library.
We solicit novel and previously unpublished research on all topics related to geospatial simulation including, but not limited to:
- Disease Spread Simulation
- Urban Simulation
- Agent Based Models for Spatial Simulation
- Multi-Agent Based Spatial Simulation
- Big Spatial Data Simulation
- Spatial Data/Trajectory Generators
- Road Traffic Simulation
- Environmental Simulation
- GIS using Spatial Simulation
- Modeling and Simulation of COVID-19
- Interactive Spatial Simulation
- Spatial Simulation Parallelization and Distribution
- Geo-Social Simulation and Data Generators
- Social Unrest and Riot Prediction using Simulation
- Spatial Analysis based on Simulation
- Behavioral Simulation
- Verifying, and Validating Spatial Simulations
- Applications for Spatial Simulation
September 15, 2023
October 9, 2023
November 13, 2023
Manuscripts should be submitted in PDF format and formatted using the ACM camera-ready templates available at https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submissions to GeoSim 2023 are single-blind -- i.e., the names and affiliations of the authors should be listed in the submitted version.
For more information, please visit the GeoSim website (https://geosim.org). If you have any question regarding GeoSim 2023, please contact me.