2022 ANNUAL MODELING AND SIMULATION CONFERENCE
JULY 18 - 21, 2022
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN DIEGO, CA, USA, IN-PERSON CONFERENCE
CALL FOR PAPERSANNSIM 2022 is the flagship conference of SCS to showcase state-of-the-art developments in Modeling & Simulation (M&S). We invite original contributions to the theory, methodology, and practice of M&S in all scientific and engineering disciplines. The conference is organized around a set of technical tracks that includes:
- AI and Simulation (AIS)
- Annual Simulation Symposium (ANSS)
- Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)
- High Performance Computing and Simulation (HPC)
- Humans, Societies and Artificial Agents (HSAA)
- M&S Based Systems Engineering (MSBSE)
- M&S for Smart Energy Systems (MSSES)
- M&S in Cyber Security (MSCS)
- M&S in Medicine (MSM)
- Theory and Foundations for Modeling and Simulation (TMS)
- Simulation of Architectural and Urban Design (SimAUD)
- Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems / Communications and Network Simulation (SPECTS/CNS)
- Emerging Topic – Supply Chain Modeling (ET-SCM)
All accepted research papers will be included in the conference proceedings and archived in both the ACM Digital Library and IEEE Xplore and will be indexed in the most popular indexing engines (Scopus, DBLP, etc.). Best papers will also be considered for a special issue of SIMULATION: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International.
Besides technical papers, submissions of the following types of contributions and/or proposals are also welcome:
- Tutorials (max 2 hours). A tutorial proposal includes a tutorial description (max 2 pages) to be submitted to the tutorial track. In addition, a tutorial may submit a full paper to one of the technical tracks. The full paper will go through a review process and be included in the conference proceedings if accepted.
- Posters and live demonstrations to be given during the conference, submitted through an extended abstract (max 2 pages)
- Paper Submission: March 28, 2022 (Extended)
- Tutorial Proposal Submission: March 28, 2022 (Extended)
- Author Notification: May 9, 2022 (Extended)
- Camera-Ready Paper Submission: May 30, 2022 (Extended)
AI and Simulation (AIS)Chair: Joon-Seok Kim, Co-Chair: Andreas Züfle
Modeling and simulation (M&S) have advanced our understanding of complex systems, have improved our ability to predict future states, and have been leveraged to prescribe (near-)optimal interventions and policies in many different application areas. In the enterprise of exploring such complex systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) have the potential to improve our ability to optimize simulation parameters, to train agent/actor behavior throughout simulations, and to evolve the simulation environment based on observations. The vision of this track is to push the boundaries of human understanding by marrying M&S with AI/ML.
This AI and Simulation (AIS) track is a dedicated forum to exchange our views, ideas, research methods, and applications to resolve the scientific questions of what and how cutting-edge AI/ML methods can synergize M&S and vice versa. This track explorers M&S practices to which AI/ML methods are applied such as knowledge reasoning, computer vision, natural language processing, deep learning, and reinforcement learning.
In this track, we are seeking full papers (up to 12 pages) on original contributions across all modes of M&S leveraging AI/ML and interdisciplinary contributions that advance the state of the arts in AI/ML. This track will use the traditional format of having oral paper presentations. Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- Advancing validation and verification (V&V) using AI and ML
- AI and ML methods for training and evolving agents
- Best practices of convergence of AI and Simulation
- Empirical comparisons of state-of-the-art AI and ML methods in M&S
- Facilitating experimentation using AI and ML
- M&S to improve AI and ML solutions
- Simulation modeling tools and methods based on AI and ML
- Simulation optimization using AI and ML
- Visionary methodology of AI and ML in simulation
Please visit the official web page (https://scs.org/annsim/) for full details on the conference and the submission procedure.
If you have any question about the AI and Simulation (AIS) track, please contact me.